This 3 hour “medication awareness” session will be delivered through presentation, discussion and group activities.
• Legislation, policies and procedures relating to medication
• Individual’s responsibilities
• The medication process, from prescription of medication through to disposal of medication
• Types and function of medications commonly used in the care setting
• Routes of administration
• Possible side effects and management of these
• Possible causes and management of medication errors
• Documentation of medication
• Seeking advice.
Course costs £35 per person and includes refreshments and certification.